[Bioperl-l] Re: make test

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 08:57:33 -0500 (EST)

If you made your warnings come from bioperl objects (ie $obj->warn() ) we
can turn them off by setting the verbose level on the object
(ie $obj->verbose(-1) turns off all warnings).  This means you objects
have to inherit from Bio::Root::RootI.  I didn't change the LiveSeq or
Variation objects when I updated all for Bio::Root::RootI chained new
for the other modules in the repository because I didn't know what your
feelings were on this.

Do you want to check to see that the error is thrown or just that the
routine returns the correct value?

-Jason