[Bioperl-l] does BLAST parsing working in (forthcoming) 0.7 on

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 12:56:00 -0800

Mike Reith wrote:

> Jonathan Epstein wrote:
> >
> > ... it doesn't work under 0.6, and this has been a showstopper for my
> group.
> >

> In my hands, the current version of Blast.pm in bioperl-live seems to
> work pretty well on Win98, at least for parsing Blast reports.  A few
> caveats - blast.t will undoubtedly fail, mostly due to attempts at
> compressing and uncompressing files (tests 25 - 29 I think).  It also
> still uses `ls -lga` to get the file date in Bio::Root::Utilities and
> thus will flash a "Bad command or filename" message during test 1.  I

Just to mention, the latter is now fixed. I didn't touch the
compress stuff though, it won't be used at any time under normal
operation.

	Hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                              email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                phone: +1 858 812 1757