[Bioperl-l] Blast.pm

Hilmar Lapp hilmarl@yahoo.com
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 11:40:32 -0800

"Schreiber, Mark" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm pretty new to bioperl and I am using the Blast.pm module for a project I
> working on.
>
> I am using the version in the 0.6.1 release. Are there any known serious
> bugs in this module. Particularly I am interested in the tiled table output
> but I note that it is marked as experimental. Have people found it to be OK.
> So far my results look good.

You should upgrade to 0.6.2 due to numerous bug fixes, also, but
by far not limited to Blast.pm. There are still many bugs which
have been reported (see http://bio.perl.org/bioperl-bugs/, choose
the Blast category) but not yet fixed. The main problem is that
the module is not maintained any more by SteveC since about half a
year, and no-one was willing to take over the beast.

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                              email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                phone: +1 858 812 1757