[Bioperl-l] Bioperl biocorba binding

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 16:45:54 -0500 (EST)

Seems to be finished as best I can muster.  release candidate will need to
emphasize testing / improving the test suite for biocorba, but otherwise I
think I'm ready to sign off on this aspect.

I have added a couple of methods from Seq.pm to SeqI.pm to make the
BioCorba Seq implementation more complete.  I have also removed the
add_sub_Location from SplitLocationI as this forces any SplitLocationI
implementation to be mutable.

In addition, some misc documentation additions were made.

The only problem is my location changes seem to have thrown LiveSeq out of
wack. I believe it probably has to do with the new way that FuzzyLocations
are handled.  If a location is fuzzy then it will not have a start value
(start will in fact be undef) but it will have a min and/or max start
value as well as a start_pos_type (which can be 'WITHIN', 'BETWEEN',
'EXACT').  So Heikki and Joseph I tried to look for it, but never got very
far other,  hope that gives you a good starting point...

So Hilmar, if you have time to look over the list of things left to do and
my Location changes, let me know, then if you make the call, I think
we're ready to consider release candidate stage.

-Jason
Jason Stajich
jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Center for Human Genetics