[Bioperl-l] SeqIO: input from memory not file

J. Schaefer schaefer@u.washington.edu
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 11:16:30 -0800 (PST)

Hi-

I'm just getting into bioperl and have found a limitation which I
haven't been able navigate around.

I would like to create a series of SeqIO:Seq objects directly from an
array of sequence references.  The constructors for SeqIO:Seq only allow
new objects to be made from files, filehandles or STDIN.

I am able to make a PrimarySeq object directly from memory, but I can't
see how to convert a PrimarySeq into a SeqIO:Seq.

Am I just missing something?  Or should I just write a temporary file and
slurp it in with SeqIO:Seq?

Thanks for your feedback,

Jonathan

Jonathan B. Schaefer

Beavo Lab			University of Washington
Box 357280, Room K363		Molecular and Cellular Biology Program
1959 NE Pacific St.             v:(206)221-4585
Seattle, WA 98195-7280		f:(206)685-3822