[Bioperl-l] Newbie question regarding the BioPerl Archive

Elizabeth Bowen ebowen99@ivillage.com
21 Dec 2001 16:19:19 -0800

It sounds like the developers already have their hands full for a while.  (Understatement?!?) But when things settle down a little, can I hedge a newbie suggestion?  (This may be something that could help out all of the potential newbie BioPerl people from the O'Reilly conference as well.)

I was delighted to find out that there was a Bioperl archive page:  http://bio.perl.org/pipermail/bioperl-l/

Is there some way to search for a topic in the archive without having to download it in its entirety or read through subjects for each month of the archive?  I don't have enough space to download it and it is a chore to go through each month searching for a needle in a haystack.

Also, is there an FAQ page for Bioperl?

Sorry to add more to your plate.  I just would just like to be able to solve a lot of my problems due to inexperience with Bioperl without taking up anyone's time on the list.  I'll bet a lot of other newbies feel somewhat self-conscious about that too.

Thanks so much!
Elizabeth Bowen

> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:15:45 +0000 (GMT)
> From: Ewan Birney <birney@ebi.ac.uk>
> To: bioperl-l@bioperl.org
> Subject: [Bioperl-l] A small lull in developers
>

> Could we have a little lull in the commits for a while to see if we can
> get 0.9.2 out somehow.
>

> Heikki - I think EMBL_DB.t has the wrong number of tests (or am I missing
> something?) [fixed and committed - 11 tests right?]
>

> Chad - I am getting trim.t failing because it can't find warn - you
> haven't inherieted off Bio::Root::RootI - deliberate or not? [not fixed,
> trying to grok the code down there!]
>

> Jason - the SearchIO thing was not failing nicely with abscence of SAX
> parsing [fixed]
>

> Could everyone who has a main trunk co run the tests and report back - we
> have so many tests (good!) but it does mean we have to run them (bad!)
>

> ewan

iVillage.com: Solutions for Your Life
http://www.ivillage.com