[Bioperl-l] escaping prime characters in POD?

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:00:00 +0000

I've been cleaning the POD codumentation lately and last night I ran into
something I do not understand: If there is ' character like in a word
"don't", most people escape it into "don\'t" to keep perl syntax
highlighting happy. Since these backlashes do not appear on bioperl html doc
pages, I have assumed that perl POD translators remove them. But yesterday I
noticed that in fact they do not. So what is going on? Is someone removing
them from HTML files separately or what is happening to them?

I've actually removed most of \' from HEAD but I have not committed
anything.

	-Heikki

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho          heikki@ebi.ac.uk