[Bioperl-l] A sucker!^W volunteer!

Nathan Torkington gnat@oreilly.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 21:42:18 -0600

------- start of forwarded message -------
From: Bob Mangold <akiddo@yahoo.com>
To: bioinformatics@labs.oreilly.com
Subject: Time to kill   [ was Re: [Bioinformatics] What would make your life easier?]
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 20:38:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I've been following these threads primarily because I'm a student (Penn State)
and in need of a good term project for a Bioinformatics course I've just
started. Everyone's danced around some great ideas, but I haven't really seen
anything spelled out to a point that I could do something with it. So here's my
offer; I've got lots of time, a necessity for the work, and no need to get to
paid; all I need is a good idea to work with. I'm a fairly good Perl programmer
and a obviously knowledgeable on the Bio side of things also.

So if anyone wants to send me some detail about something they've wanted to do,
but just haven't got the time, I'm up for the challenge. I figure I can work on
at least two, maybe more, projects over the next 4 months.

Thanks,
Bob Mangold