[Bioperl-l] Standaloneblast

nick holton nickholton@hotmail.com
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 16:57:59 +1200

Hi all,

Seem to have fixed the problem with Standaloneblast.pm on mswin.
If you make these changes it should work (fingers crossed):

[1]Change the line in sub exists_blast to:

    #old bits
    #return (-e Bio::Root::IO->catfile($BLASTDIR, 'blastall'));

    return (-e $BLASTDIR, 'blastall');

[2] Change the line in sub _runblast to (you probably need to get File::Spec
for this, since it is not in the standard activeperl dist.):

    #my $commandstring = Bio::Root::IO->catfile($BLASTDIR,$executable) .
$param_string;

   my $commandstring = File::Spec->catfile($BLASTDIR,$executable) .
$param_string;

That should do it (assuming that you have installed the blast properly and
set the environmentals- don't forget BLASTDATADIR).

Enjoy

Nick