[Bioperl-l] Seq or SeqIO to BSML

Nathan O. Siemers siemersn@bms.com
Fri, 03 Aug 2001 09:34:15 -0400

Hello Ewan,

        As mentioned, we have volunteered to write a BSML output
        module for Seq or SeqIO objects, initially for use with
        ensembl but of course to be designed to be generally useful.

        Could you provide a data dumper output of a fairly small but
        richly annotated area of the genome from ensembl?  We can eval
        it up locally and use it as our starting point.

        Finally, I would welcome discussion as to where this code
        should eventually be placed (how tightly integrated?)  in the
        bioperl structure.

        Thanks,

        nathan

--
Nathan Siemers, Group Leader, Bioinformatics-Applied Genomics
Bristol-Myers Squibb Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Hopewell 3-0.07