[Bioperl-l] is_remote() in Location::Simple

Elia Stupka elia@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 18:30:59 +0100 (BST)

> This was my feeling: the utility of this method is tied to some
> quite specific application and not intuitive anywhere else (a

I see your point, however the specific application is another bioperl
module, bioperl-db and in biopeerl-db we don't want to do carry the main
seqid through many objects, do you have any proposal to solve this?

I see one simple option, to reimplement is_remote becomes something like
_is_remote_in_parser, which should make us all happy, how does it sound?
Other suggestions?

Elia

tel:    +44 1223 49 44 31
mobile: +44 7971 59 03 69