[Bioperl-l] Bio::(LiveSeq & Variation)

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 04 Apr 2001 14:24:45 +0100

I case you have been wondering about the recent activities on
Bio::Variation and Bio::LiveSeq modules (on the guts list), we have
been trying to iron wrinkles out of them to have something really
usable.

They seem to be now in pretty good order. At least our main
application DNA Mutation Checker seems to be running pretty well. I
have not replaced the old version, yet, but the new version in which
all the functionality comes from BioPerl modules is at:

	http://www.ebi.ac.uk/cgi-bin/mutations/check2.cgi

At some point it will be at
    ...check.cgi
but let's see first if there are still serious bugs lurking somewhere.

I remember someone posting to the list some time ago about using these
modules (sorry for not responding then). In addition to this program,
there is examples/change_gene.pl. If someone wants the cgi script, I
can mail it. (... or is there a place for it in the bioperl CVS?)

	-Heikki

     _/  _/  _/  Heikki Lehvaslaiho          heikki@ebi.ac.uk