[Bioperl-l] Placement of LargePrimarySeq

Paul Gordon gordonp@niji.imb.nrc.ca
Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:06:34 -0300 (ADT)

> I do know that there is a File::Spec, but basically this only aids in
> path construction (which I think tolerates '/' instead of '\' anyway).
> Quasi-standards are C:\temp or C:\windows\temp. Environment could be
> TEMPDIR or so. Maybe it is advisable to be able to set this as a static
> parameter.

There's a good module File::Temp, which will generate a unique temp file
under UNIX and Windows (NT tested).

http://www.cpan.org/modules/by-module/File/File-Temp-0.09.tar.gz

Have fun!

	-Paul

P.S. Sorry if someone already answered this, there seems to be a
significant lag time in send/receive for me on this list.

Paul Gordon                                     Paul.Gordon@nrc.ca
Genomic Technologies				http://maggie.cbr.nrc.ca
Institute for Marine Biosciences
National Research Council Canada