[Bioperl-l] Re: SeqIO::swiss.pm + "gsequence"

Kris Boulez krbou@pgsgent.be
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:36:07 +0200

Quoting Lorenz Pollak (lorenz@ist.org):
[ .. ]

> (btw: the next thing i encountered was that it was not possible to have
> empty sequences, which is a bit a problem if you want to give the
> possibility of entering a complete new sequence instead of loading
> one. has this behavior changed in the meantime?)

I recently asked a question about a related issue (fasta.pm not reading
entries with empty sequence), but got no reply. So I'll rephrase my
question ?

What's the (general) philosophy in BioPerl about reading/writing entries
with an empty sequence ?

Kris,