[Bioperl-l] Hi perl/BioTk

J. H. Park jong@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 00:34:13 +0100

Hi,

Long time ago, I built some Bioperl/Tk routines.
I did not make any sizable or working modules.
I would be very happy to check out yours and
use it.

Do you use David Searls's BioTk or did you make
new BioTk and implemented in perl?

Recently, I was looking at GTK to make some BioGTK
routines. Have you checked this option as well?

BioTk is slower as I tested(long time ago) and also
perl's large memory usage might be a problem with
large sequences.

BioJava is perhaps a preferred visualization for
BioXX, but I think BioPTk can be a better option
for an internal workbench due to its flexibility
to adapt to inhouse requirements.

Eventually, a standard BioVISUALization standard
should be worked out. I guess a group like yous
and BioJava people will be suitable for it.

cheers,

Jong

--
"It is easier to fight for principles than to live up to them."
-- Alfred Adler