[Bioperl-l] Namespace for the DrawableBioSeq?

David Block dblock@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 10:48:01 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 30 Sep 2000, Ewan Birney wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, David Block wrote:

> > So, do we start our own namespace?
>
> I think probably best to put it in Bio::Tk::DrawableSeq or
> Bio::Tk::SeqCanvas (if it is a canvas)

We like Bio::Tk::SeqCanvas, since it looks like a canvas, smells like a
canvas, quacks like a canvas...

> Next question - should we put this in the main cvs module or make a new
> cvs module? I vote for a new cvs module called
>
> bioperl-gui
>
> or something similar...

Should I be setting that up? and what goes in there?  We have a bioTk
directory that would become Bio::Tk, I guess, and then the SeqCanvas would
go a layer down.  Yep, okay.

We're actually still waiting for the bureaucrats to decide if they want to
shrinkwrap and try to sell this module- we're spelling G-P-L very slowly
to them.  The NRC is used to trying to monetize all its intellectual
property.

Please tell me where to deposit the gold, and I will as soon as I get
permission.

> > Have a good weekend.  We're going to a Death by Chocolate buffet to
> > celebrate.
> >
> > -Dave
The chocolate was fantastic, by the way.