[BioXML-dev] Re: [Bioperl-l] bioxml parser updates

Bradley Marshall bradmars@yahoo.com
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 13:45:29 -0800 (PST)

--- Kris Boulez <krbou@pgsgent.be> wrote:
> Quoting Leonardo Marino-Ramirez
> (marino@tofu.tamu.edu):
> > The module that you should get is libxml-perl-0.07
> by Ken MacLeod, be sure
> > to get the the latest release. Just look for
> "perlsax" on
> > <http://search.cpan.org/>
> >
> Might be a good idea to add this to Makefile.PL as
> this search returns
> four modules as people (like me) might get confused.
>
> One other question: what do people feel about the
> need for a non-CPAN
> program (expat) that is needed to get the XML
> modules to run.

All good points.  Unfortaunately I know very little
about Makefile's, but I'm gonna try to have a go at
adding the dependencies this afternoon.  As far as
expat, it's the fastest parser out there, but it couls
be easily swapped out.  Maybe I could do an
auto-detect to see what's installed.

Brad