[Bioperl-l] bioxml parser updates

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Thu, 30 Nov 2000 01:24:07 -0800

Kris Boulez wrote:

> One other question: what do people feel about the need for a non-CPAN
> program (expat) that is needed to get the XML modules to run.

Really a program? I don't really know what this is all about and why
there have to be so many different modules for parsing XML (I thought
all you need is a SAX parser and a DOM parser, and that's it; has a
'standard' method for parsing XML already evolved in the Perl
community?). Nonetheless, the Expat-distribution is supposed to be
included in full in the XML::Parser distribution, according to the
README of that (which came with an rpm of the binary dist.).

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                                email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                  phone: +1 858 812 1757