[Bioperl-l] Problems reading Genbank file

Hilmar Lapp hlapp@gmx.net
Tue, 14 Nov 2000 09:36:25 -0800

gert thijs wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to read some sequences from a genbank flat file and store the
> sequences in a hash with the accession number of the sequences as the key. But
> when I want to print the accession number all I get is 'unknown'
> Here is the code I use to read the genbank sequences and store them in a hash.
> I have included the test file I use as an attachment to this mail.

As with every 'normal' bug report, could you please add BioPerl version,
OS, and perl version you are using?

May I also ask anyone who wishes to submit a bug report (regardless of
whether you're sure it's a bug) to use the bug-tracking system on the
web-site (http://www.bioperl.org/Bugs) instead of the bioperl mailing
list. When posted to the list bug reports get easily lost, and you can't
keep track of a status. The developers get notified about incoming bug
reports anyway, and if it's easy to fix and/or to solve you usually will
get a quick answer. The only problem with the web-interface is
attachments, but you could cc to bioperl-guts-l@bioperl.org if you have
attachments you want to make sure that they are left intact.

I will not be able to look at your problem before tonight, so if someone
else has got time ... :)

	Hilmar

Hilmar Lapp                                email: hlapp@gmx.net
GNF, San Diego, Ca. 92122                  phone: +1 858 812 1757