[Bioperl-l] 0.7 release: Evaluating every module

Jason Stajich jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
Mon, 13 Nov 2000 09:39:57 -0500 (EST)

I would like to propose that we have a checklist and go through the
standards for every module.  As we establish a minimal documentation,
perhaps RootI compliance, and standardization of subroutine POD, this will
give us an opportunity for all the code to get a lookover before we
certify as an 0.7 release.

Also some modules - the Bio::Search::* specifically have been unfinished
for quite some time.  I've communicated with Aaron and he suggested they
either be finished or removed from the tree.  I think a Bio::SearchIO in
the AlignIO/SeqIO spirit for processing search results (blast,fasta,HMMER)
would be interesting, but obviously not contained in this release.
However, decisions should be made if we are going to continue to include
incomplete modules in a release.

Jason Stajich
jason@chg.mc.duke.edu
http://galton.mc.duke.edu/~jason/
(919)684-1806 (office)
(919)684-2275 (fax)
Center for Human Genetics - Duke University Medical Center
http://wwwchg.mc.duke.edu/