[Bioperl-l] Added test for multiple fasta parsing

Hilmar Lapp lapp@gnf.org
Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:16:12 -0800

Elia Stupka wrote:

> > for both the 06-branch and the main trunk. So if I take the output of that
> > script as the indicator for the presence or absence of a bug in
> > multiple-entry fasta reading, as you suggested, then there was no bug.
>
> The reason for which the test passes is that I have commented out those
> lines from fasta.pm both from the main trunk and branch. I wouldn't have
> written a test and left it failing on purpose (and I am sorry for SeqIO),
> jut to prove my point to somebody...

As I mentioned in my email, I did *not* update BioPerl except for this
single test script. My last update of fasta.pm is from Oct 11th. So, the
fasta.pm I was using is without any of the recent changes, with the
allegedly offending code still fully in effect.

Let me know if I misunderstood you.

	Hilmar
Hilmar Lapp                            email: lapp@gnf.org