Bioperl: some problems I've encountered with site and distro

Chris Dagdigian CDagdigian@genetics.com
Fri, 19 May 2000 14:12:12 -0400

Hi folks,

Can someone confirm that the 0.6.1 bugfix release was built straight from the "release-06" branch
in our CVS repository? I cannot update the module documentation on the website until I know
what branch I should be running through the pod2html program.

Also I've noticed 2 problems:

o nobody is updating the Changes file in our distribution. Email is not good enough :) this
info needs to get put into CVS as soon as possible as the current Changes file is current only
up to the 05 release!

o The VSNS web archives of our mailing list seem to have stopped in April. There is no archive of
posts for May 2000 that I can find. This means that I cannot link to the accounce email
off our website as is my usual practice for the "News" section.

Than again a broken list archiver should give me the motivation I need to finally move
all our lists over to the GNU MailMan system we have running :)

-Chris