Bioperl: 0.6.1 preview delayed

Chris Dagdigian cdagdigian@genetics.com
Mon, 15 May 2000 11:02:14 -0400

Steve --

There is a web page that outlines our various dependencies:

http://bioperl.org/Core/external.shtml

Probably the easist thing to do is alter the bioperl README
file to point towards this URL which we can strive to keep
current. I also need to link that web page off our
/latest/ section.

I will take care of this if you like.

-Chris

>>> Steve Chervitz <sac@neomorphic.com> 05/15 7:09 AM >>>
I committed some fixes for remote blasting, which should now be
functional. This affects the examples/blast directory and Webblast.pm.
Changes were committed to both branch-06 and the main trunk. I still
have yet to do a thorough jitterbug culling for blast bugs.

Webblast.pm now depends on IO::Scalar, which isn't part of the
standard Perl distribution, but is easy enough to get from CPAN. Is
there a place where we list all dependencies on non-standard Perl
modules and what functionalities depend on them? Would be handy.

Steve
sac@neomoprhic.com