Bioperl: Re: bioperl-ext Patch for extension portability (fwd)

James Gilbert jgrg@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 10 May 2000 11:25:45 +0100 (BST)

Ewan,

Raphael Leplae found an unnecessary element in
Makefile.PL for bioperl-ext, which fixes the
compile on IRIX 6.5, and doesn't affect the
compilation on OSF or Linux.  But Allen has fixed
other things, and he is asking about the future
changes to the alignment packages in bioperl.
This is rather outside my area of expertise, so
I'm posting this to the list.

Allen,

Do I understand that bioperl-ext doesn't compile
on DOS, but does with your fixes?

	James

James G.R. Gilbert
The Sanger Centre
Wellcome Trust Genome Campus
Hinxton
Cambridge                        Tel: 01223 494906
CB10 1SA                         Fax: 01223 494919