Bioperl: Bio::Species.pm: fixed bug #226

Keith James kdj@sanger.ac.uk
07 May 2000 13:14:02 +0100

    Hilmar> I'm wondering whether there's a point in fixing the main
    Hilmar> branch as well immediately. A diff of Species.pm to the
    Hilmar> main-branch version showed a few other, but minor,
    Hilmar> differences, which I think were not introduced by me. So
    Hilmar> it seems to me that the two branches are not necessarily
    Hilmar> kept sync'ed even if the changes do not introduce API
    Hilmar> changes or new features etc. Could someone let me know
    Hilmar> whether I shall fix the main branch as well.

Hi all,

I was responsible for a number of fixes on the main branch (which
didn't make it into the 0.6 release) which were similar to Hilmar's in
their aim:

 Handling rarer locations (123^124) for reading and writing
 Handling badly wrapped "" within qualifiers
 Handling locations with < and > for reading and writing
 Fixed rejection of 1 bp long features on the complement
 Subspecies handling for EMBL format fixed (to a degree)

I was concentrating on getting EMBL parsing to work for us as quickly
as possible, so I neglected Genbank support due to lack of
time. Likewise, I've had no time to move the fixes to the 0.6
release. (I'm not familiar with CVS, especially on multiple branches).

Anyway, I'll be happy to help merge the two sets.

Keith

--

Keith James  --  kdj@sanger.ac.uk  --  http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/kdj
The Sanger Centre, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambs CB10 1SA