Bioperl: MaskerAid announcement

Ian Korf ikorf@sapiens.wustl.edu
Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:24:46 -0600 (CST)

Bioperlers,

We recently made a software enhancement for RepeatMasker that improves
its speed about 30-fold and marginally increases its sensitivity. Check
out the MaskerAid homepage at http://sapiens.wustl.edu/maskeraid for
more information. It's freely available for academic use, but isn't a
simple download (there's some paperwork involved). I realize this is a
bit off topic, the software not being part of bioperl (though quite a
bit is written in perl), but I thought that I would let people know it
is available because it is quite useful.

-Ian
Project URL: http://bio.perl.org/