Bioperl: Where is Bio::Seq::Exon ?

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 17:08:54 +0100 (GMT)

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Mark, Terry wrote:

> The man pages for Bio::SeqFeature::Generic refer to (among other things) a
> Bio::Seq::Exon class, but I can't seem to find it.
>
> Can somebody tell me where it is ?

It got pulled  ---

mainly because I then worked on the Ensembl gene model, which is *much*
better than what I had in bioperl.

Ensembl is based ontop of bioperl and is completely open (anonymous cvs
etc etc). www.ensembl.org

I would love to see someone migrate the guts of the Ensembl gene model
into bioperl for the next bioperl stable branch (probably down in the
fall). This should be almost as easy as changing

	package Bio::EnsEMBL::Gene;

        package Bio::Gene;

or a similar namespace.

If you feel ready for this - go for it - but I would encourage playing
with the Ensembl objects first....

e.