Bioperl: running local blasts

Steve Chervitz sac@neomorphic.com
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 14:57:34 -0700

The LocalBlast module in the distribution is non-functional as-is. It is
intended to be customized for your local environment. From the documentation in
this module:

# PACKAGE : Bio::Tools::Blast::Run::LocalBlast.pm
# ...
# STATUS  : STUB MODULE, MUST BE CUSTOMIZED FOR A LOCAL SITE.
# ...
# This module as-is provides only framework for running Blasts locally.
# Customize it for your site. See comments below for tips.

The documentation could be clearer about this point. I'm sure more can be done
to make this module so it works with minor configuration, either via a special
config file or environment variables. Stay tuned.

Steve