[Bioperl-l] Newbie perl question

Lluís Armengol Dulcet armengol.vives@bcn.servicom.es
Sat, 22 Jul 2000 21:25:45 +0200

Dear all,

Just felt in love with CGIs, perl and making the computers do a tiny
part of the hard work ... I'm not sure whether this is or not the
appropiate place to ask my question, but I hope you can give me some
advice ...

My problem is next, I made a little script that should allow anyone to
blast a given sequence against different ddbb at once. It might sound
kind of stupid and easy but it's giving me little problems ... it's a
simple script that reads a sequence entered by the user (using the
cgi-bin.pl library), and evaluates what databases have to be blasted
...  then it sends an e-mail for each database chosen.  I use the
command sendmail to send an email in the appropriate format to the blast
email server ... but I never get an answer !!!!?:(

I don't know what am I doing wrong. The sendmail command works properly
since I can send the email to myself and the format of the email also
seems to be the correct since when I send it with another mailer i
always get answer from the blast email server ...

I know that probably exist many modules that I could use to blast
sequences, but I would like to do it by myself (at least this first time
...). Anyway if there's an easier way, I would also appreciate it ...

That was all guys, I hope you can help me ...