[Bioperl-l] LiveSeq

Heikki Lehvaslaiho heikki@ebi.ac.uk
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 10:11:28 +0000

Ewan Birney wrote:

> Joseph -
>
> Thanks for your commits.
>
> I think it would be nice Joseph to talk through your objects first on the
> list and get feedback, in particular for the naming of your objects. Once
> commited we can't do a great deal about changing their names.
>
> This is partly my and partly heikki's fault for not making sure that you
> talked things through on the list first. Don't lose sleep over it, but be
> aware that you are now working in a collaborative enviroment, and you
> should post to the list before making large commits.
>
> I think a nice post about what LiveSeq is and what it does to the list
> would be a good thing as well.

My apologies for not announcing this to the mailing list beforehand. I
had to be away yesterday and I had been putting pressure on Joseph to
commit his code for so long that he very dutifully did it on first
possible occasion after getting his login.

LiveSeq has actually been announced but so long ago that no one can
remember (see below for the text). Now that the files are in the
repository, we'll start cleaning the code and adding tests.

Any suggestions on naming and improving the code are welcome,

	-Heikki