SUCCESS! Re: [Bioperl-l] wincvs

Mark Wilkinson mwilkinson@gene.pbi.nrc.ca
Mon, 04 Dec 2000 15:09:22 -0600

Matthew Pocock wrote:

> I use it to talk to the BioJava read-write repository using -d :ext - I have to be very
> careful to explicitly set CVS_RSH to 'ssh', otherwise it complains bitterly. Does that
> help at all?

but... what if my CVS_RSH is *not* ssh?  i.e. that is not the name of the Windows program
that accepts command-line SSH "stuff".  the program is called scp2.exe, so if I explicitly
set CVS_RSH to ssh it will never find this program...

and that still doesn't really explain (to my wee brain) what is the fundamental difference
is between an anonymous CVS and a logged-in CVS, and why one would work but the other
not...

??

---
Dr. Mark Wilkinson