[Bioperl-l] Re: BPLite

Elia Stupka elia@ebi.ac.uk
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 13:20:11 +0000 (GMT)

> Since we're using bioperl-06 and Lorenz's BPLite module isn't in that,
> I had to copy it (or at least an old version that Matloob had been
> using)
> into somewhere that is seen by $PERL5LIB - for me that's
> ~/perllib/BPLite.pm
>
> Then all was OK ...

Yes, but that makes the tests fail for anybody else who does not know of
this trick, and kills portability, am I right?

I can:
1)cvs add BPlite, and all its modules to the branch-06 bioperl (I have
cc:ed this to bioperl to see if there is any reason not to)

2)modify the Pipeline Blast.pm module accordingly.

Then all you would need to do is cvs update the bioperl branch and ensembl
pipeline at the same time, how does that sound?

Elia

tel:    +44 1223 49 44 31
mobile: +44 7971 59 03 69
fax:    +44 1223 49 44 68