[Bioperl-l] xml sequence download from ncbi

Geer, Lewis (NLM) lewisg@mail.nih.gov
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 15:54:10 -0400

Hi,

I've put the NCBI_Seqset.dtd at ftp://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pub/lewisg/  It
includes a bunch of dtd's that have the extension mod.

Lewis

=xml&val=18279
15
 where val is the sequence gi number.  Note that this xml output is based
on our asn.1 records which are both complete and complex -- we may end up
making a genbank flatfile-like version, especially since there are small
mismatches between the asn.1 and xml languages that make the xml a bit more
complex than if xml was our native format.

We'd be interested in seeing comments!

Lewis