[Bioperl-l] Bio::SeqFeature::GeneStructure and Prediction

James Gilbert jgrg@sanger.ac.uk
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 14:43:16 +0100 (BST)

Hilmar,

I'd like to see the Ensembl Gene structure in
BioPerl, because I think it is more or less
correct.  In Ensembl a Gene has one or many
Transcripts, each of which can have a Translation,
and each Transcript has one or many Exons.
Transcripts share exons, and so you can get a
non-redundant list of exons from a gene.  So I'd
like to see a Transcript layer in there somewhere.

	James