Bioperl: Working pvm app in perl

Aaron J Mackey ajm6q@virginia.edu
Sat, 11 Sep 1999 11:58:16 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 10 Sep 1999, Osborne, Brian wrote:

> This is what I don't understand though. If you look in the system's include
> files you'll see stat() in sys/stat.h. And you'll see the expected #include
> <sys/stat.h> right there in lpvm.c. lpvm.o in libpvm3.a should work. But
> "man stat" says stat() is unsupported, seemingly being separated into
> fsstat, etc. These are questions for a "make master/mistress" to address,
> not me.

Interesting, my 'man stat' says nothing about being unsupported.  In fact,
it lists all sorts of POSIX/etc conformity bonuses.  Does lpvm.c also
include <unistd.h> ??  That could be the culprit as well ... I also have a
feeling that we're getting some kind of symbol collision with the perl
library - any idea what their usage of stat() is?

-Aaron

--
/ Aaron J Mackey           \