Bioperl: Bio::Tools::Blast->new on sequence file w/no hits, throws fatal exception. Any ideas?

Tom Madden Tom Madden <madden@ncbi.nlm.nih.gov>
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 08:49:27 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
	I suspect that the problem reported below is one we fixed
in BLAST 2.0.9.  There was a missing thread join that seemed to
only cause problems on a DEC Alpha.  It does not seem to have
affected the results.  Please try this with the latest
binaries and write to toolbox@ncbi.nlm.nih.gov with details if
the problem still isn't fixed.

regards,

Tom Madden, Ph.D.
National Center for Biotechnology Information
National Library of Medicine
National Institutes of Health
Bldg. 38A, Rm. 8N-805
8600 Rockville Pike