Bioperl: Finding ORF's

David J. States states@gpc.wustl.edu
Thu, 15 Jul 1999 13:27:04 -0500

We been working on improving the accuracy of ORF definition, although it is
not part of bioperl at present.  See http://www.ibc.wustl.edu/~zkan/CDS/
The strategy is basically an extension of the work that Agarwal and Bafna
presented at RECOMB with more detailed models for the initiation sites.

David

P.S. Be cautious when using GenBank annotation.  Many of the sites in
GenBank have not been experimentally verified, and there are often grounds
for questioning the annotated initiation site such as closely related
homologs with a different (and conserved) ATG.

----
David J. States, M.D., Ph.D.
Associate Professor and Director
Institute for Biomedical Computing