Bioperl: UCSF Discussion, Public V. Private Genome Efforts

David J. States states@ibc.wustl.edu" <states@gpc.ibc.wustl.edu
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:59:42 -0600

>> Support the Brown & Lipman proposal to establish a free electronic
archive
>> for biomedical literature!!!!

> Is there a URL for this proposal? I'd be most interested in having a
> look...

This is very much in its infancy, and talking with Dave Lipman from NCBI,
it sounds like Nature may have jumped the gun a bit in publishing the
announcement.  There is not yet a formal proposal or website.  Still, I
think the Physics repository at Los Alamos has been a useful service and
the biomedical research community needs to make more effective use of the
web in disseminating publications.  How this will evolve remains to be
seen.

David