Bioperl: bioperl/biopython server down during Y2K changeover

Chris Dagdigian CDagdigian@genetics.com
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:50:40 -0500

[note from the mailing-list maintainer: bioperl mailing lists
have been set into moderated mode until the second week of Y2k to prevent
mail-loops, etc, due to Y2k hiccups. Any posts received after tomorrow
noon (approx.) GMT will be approved for redistribution a few days after Y2k,
and normal operations will probably resume soon thereafter. -- Georg Fuellen]

Folks,

My company (which hosts bioperl/biopython outside their firewall) will be shutting down the
upstream internet connection on Friday December 31st and will be restoring it
at 6am EST on Saturday Jan 1.

The intent behind this is that by shutting down "non critical" systems and servers
the corporate IT staff can better concentrate on monitoring the more important
manufacturing and FDA regulated/audited computer systems and databases.

Sorry for any inconvenience. During this downtime I also expect to be moving
the bioperl anonymous CVS server from my home to the corporate internet
connection.

Happy Holidays

Regards,
Chris Dagdigian