Bioperl: Bioperl Blast module now available!

Ewan Birney birney@sanger.ac.uk
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 12:00:27 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 5 Jun 1998, Steve A. Chervitz wrote:

> The first official public release of my Bio::Tools::Blast.pm package is
> ready for downloading and installation:

This looks very nice. I was wondering to what extent the tool overlapped
with Ian Korf's Blast Tools (off the Bio::GSC) and whether you had
thought about merging the efforts. Do you or Ian want to comment? Do you
use each other's code at all or looked at each other's stuff?

... just curious ... ;)

Ewan Birney
<birney@sanger.ac.uk>
http://www.sanger.ac.uk/Users/birney/