Bioperl: New Mailing List; New Website under Construction

Georg Fuellen fuellen@dali.Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 09:18:46 +0000 (GMT)

Dear Bioperl Friends,

1) We've just restructured our mailing lists, as follows:

(NEW:) Technical list: vsns-bcd-perl-guts
 Unmoderated list for the Bioperl developers. Deals with Bioperl internals,
   and may have high traffic. It's intended for those people who are taking
   an active role in the 'core' modules.
 Join by sending email to majordomo@lists.uni-bielefeld.de, with no subject,
   and the following message body: subscribe vsns-bcd-perl-guts
 Web archive :

(MODIFIED PURPOSE:) Discussion list: vsns-bcd-perl
 Unmoderated list for discussion of bioperl modules from the user's perspective.
   (Until August 1998, this was the list for the developers as well.)
 Join by sending email to majordomo@lists.uni-bielefeld.de, with no subject,
   and the following message body: subscribe vsns-bcd-perl
 Web archive :

Announcement list: vsns-bcd-perl-announce
 Low volume moderated list, providing announcements of
   major bioperl releases and upgrades
 Join by sending email to majordomo@lists.uni-bielefeld.de, with no subject,
   and the following message body: subscribe vsns-bcd-perl-announce
 Web archive :

(This is sent to both old lists, so that you can look at the headers
to find out which lists you're on.)
========

2) Our new website is currently under construction at
http://bio.perl.org/ -- check it out, and more to follow :)
========

3) Four messages from the vsns-bcd-perl archive merit an explicit mention:

are the ISMB-98 Minutes & Summary by Steve A. Chervitz,

ANNOUNCE: NHGRI::Blastall.pm by Joseph Ryan,

-re- PubMed-Port by Ralf Spenneberg.

Perl Module for parsing a Blast output and producing a graphical output in
GIF format, by Alessandro Guffanti.

========
Btw, I encourage announcement authors to send important stuff to
vsns-bcd-perl-announce and vsns-bcd-perl, both @lists.uni-bielefeld.de.

========
best wishes,
Georg Fuellen,
Univ. Bielefeld, Research Group in Practical Comp. Science
http://www.techfak.uni-bielefeld.de/bcd/welcome.html