Steve's notes on Seq.pm

Georg Fuellen fuellen@dali.Mathematik.Uni-Bielefeld.DE
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 13:34:38 +0000 (GMT)

Thanks a lot for all the hard work, Chris!
I'm sure Steve will comment until the end of the week.

> Enclosed is what I got out of reading Steve's written comments on Seq.pm.

I've scanned your notes, and I'm basically Ok. (Only your note
``2. rename %SeqType to %SeqAlph'' sounded strange to me).
There seem to be some issues that were raised only via the mailing list -
it's very difficult to keep track of them; off the top of my head,
it's the ``Allow more flexible numbering schemes'' issue. (Pls scan
thru your past mail if you suspect there are more such open issues;
also Steve may contribute some.)

> I am *really* swamped at work now (even weekends) and probably will not get
> much chance to do any work on Seq.pm until sunday. Perhaps we can kick
> these notes around and come up with a "MUST DO NOW" list of essentials that
> need to be fixed prior to the next version?

I'm waiting for Steve's input here !
btw, I hope I can get Bio::UnivAln build via make in a couple of days,
but I'm extremly busy right now.

> Personally, I feel that moving all ReadSeq stuff into a ReadSeq.pm would be
> worth the effort at this point.

I agree.

best wishes,
Georg Fuellen, fuellen@dali.mathematik.uni-bielefeld.de, fuellen@ alum.mit.edu
Univ. Bielefeld, Research Group in Practical Comp. Science, Fax +49 521 106 6411
Http://WWW.TECHFAK.UNI-BIELEFELD.DE/techfak/persons/fuellen/ , Fon .... 106 2903