Back (for now)

Steven E. Brenner brenner@akamail.com
Fri, 27 Jun 1997 23:43:44 +0900 (JST)

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997, Georg Fuellen wrote:

[most items ok; deleted]

> > I am tentatively happy with this, but am concerned that it could be a
> > major delay. I am just at Stanford for 1 month before I disappear again
>
> Either bundling/getting ``make'' to work is as simple as you said (and then,
> there's no major delay), or it's more complicated, and then I'm not the
> right person anyway (I'm really feeling lost & lack time)...

Ok, I will try to do this as soon as I get to Stanford, then.  Even if
PreSeq is ready in a few days, I'll wait until I'm at Stanford for that as
well.  (Otherwise, changed addresses might possibly cause more headaches.)

> ISMB 1998 is in Montreal, approx in June. There's also RECOMB '98,
> which may be scheduled on a rather short notice for early 1998 --
> I'm currently trying to find out.

Let me know what you learn about RECOMB.  I will probably make it to
ISMB98, but that's a year off.

> > I liked your (Georg's) idea:  clone() is deep, copy() is shallow.
>
> copy() is deep right now (in Bio::UnivAln), and I think that's more
> intuitive... ?!

I guess the reverse is ok with me too -- other thoughts/ideas for how to
do this intuitively?