The Perl Conference

Steven E. Brenner brenner@akamail.com
Mon, 21 Jul 1997 00:30:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Folks,

  I just wanted to let you know that I've been invited to give a short
(15-20) minute talk about bioperl at the Perl Conference in
mid-August.  My plan is to spend about 5 mins each on introducing
molecular biology and biological data, explaining
common computational tasks, and (finally) introducing bioperl.

  If you have any thoughts or suggestions, please let me know.

  I would be interested in ideas about what the "goal" of the talk
should be.  That is, what impression do we want to make on the "Perl
world"?

  Also, they permit me to make hand-outs, which I would have to make
up by the end of this week.  I think that people are more likely to
walk away from the talk with something useful if I can put it in
writing.  Does anyone have any opinions about what might be useful
here?

Cheers,

  Steve