[Bioperl-announce-l] new website launched

Jason Stajich jason.stajich at duke.edu
Wed Jan 25 03:31:38 UTC 2006

I am pleased to announce the release of a new website for BioPerl.
The site is based on the mediawiki software that was developed for
the wikipedia project.  We intend the site to be a place for
community input on documentation and design for the BioPerl project.
There is also a fair amount of documentation started surrounding
bioinformatics tools and techniques applicable to using BioPerl and
some of the authors who created these resources.

The website continues to be at the URL http://www.bioperl.org.  The
DNS updates may take up to 24 hours to reach everyone.

The initial content of the site is result of the work of myself,
Mauricio Herrera Cuadra, Brian Osborne, and Torsten Seemann.  We
encourage you to contribute to the site's content by signing up for
an account.

There are several guides for style of the site and how to link to
Modules for example which can contain additional information from the
POD
http://bioperl.org/wiki/Module:Bio::SeqIO

You'll notice that many of the paths have changed but the DIST and
SRC continues to be available at http://bioperl.org/DIST and http://
bioperl.org/SRC.  The HOWTOs are now available from http://
bioperl.org/wiki/HOWTOs

The FAQ is available at http://bioperl.org/wiki/FAQ and I encourage
you to add your questions to it so they can be properly archived and
addressed.

We also have initiated a News site for Bioperl for posting
announcements regarding development and software.  I would like to
see if there are volunteers to post weekly or monthly summaries of
mailing list traffic and development.
http://www.bioperl.org/news/

Jason Stajich on behalf of Mauricio Herrera Cuadra, Brian Osborne,
Torsten Seemann.

--
Jason Stajich
Duke University