[Biojava-dev] Google Summer of Code 2012

Andreas Prlic andreas at sdsc.edu
Tue Feb 7 01:55:29 EST 2012

Hi,

This is an early heads-up that Google has announced that there will be
another Summer of Code this year [1][2]. We will try to participate
again from the side of BioJava. Around March 16th we should know if we
have been accepted as an organisation, after which we can start
discussing student proposals. In the meanwhile would-be students are
invited to start thinking about potential projects.

Here a couple of dates:

● February 27 – March 9: Google will accept applications from open
source projects.
● March 12 – 15: Google program administrators review organization applications.
● March 16: List of accepted mentoring organizations published on
http://www.google-melange.com
● March 17-25: Would-be student participants discuss
application/project ideas with mentoring organizations.
● March 26-April 6: Student application period
● April 23: Accepted student proposals announced at
http://www.google-melange.com
● May 21: Students begin coding

Andreas

more infos: