[Biojava-dev] read fasta file

Michael Gang michaelgang at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 08:23:56 UTC 2008

Dear All,

I want to read a fasta file of dna (the accessions are internal to our
company and may not be like the convention), make manipulations on it
and write it to another file.
When i take the example from the book "Biojava in Anger" it works
fine, but I get warnings that the SeqIOTools type is deprecated.
When using the RichSequence.IOTools package I have problems that when
writing the fasta it changes the fasta header (it adds the lcl:
prefix).
I want that the fasta header will be in the output file like in the input file.
Will the SeqIOTools type supported further ?
If not, is there another way to solve the problem ?

Thanks in advance,
Michael